How to Make Your own App Using Fliplet
Hey! This article contains instructions on using the old version of Fliplet. There’s a new version available and these instructions are no longer accurate. The great news are that the new version of Fliplet is much more powerful and flexible. Head to our Webinar section where you can see apps being built live, or contact Customer Success for a training session.
Fliplet is designed to help you to make your own app in just a few minutes. By making app development as easy as creating a document or spreadsheet, Fliplet allows any user to create functional, intuitive apps for their enterprise.
In this article you will learn how to create your first app using our online web tool Fliplet Studio and then share it with your colleagues and customers on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
What you’ll need
Fliplet Studio is a web-based tool which you can use on your computer or laptop via a web browser. To make sure Fliplet works correctly for you we recommend you use Google Chrome.
You’ll also need to download our testing app Fliplet Viewer to your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. You can download it by searching ‘Fliplet Viewer’ in the iOS or Android app stores or by going to fliplet.com/download on your mobile device.
If you need help, advice about creating apps or if you encounter any problems don’t hesitate to contact us via our Support Page.
You’ll also find lots of information about creating apps on our website including app inspiration in our App Gallery, examples of other apps our customers have created in our Case Studies, for articles related to using apps in business visit the Fliplet Blog.
Make your own app today
Watch the video above to get a quick tutorial on how to build your first app – or read the key points below:
- Sign into Fliplet Studio with your login details.
- When you log in you’ll see a selection of app templates with pre-loaded content, images and features designed to help you to get up and running quickly.
- Choose a template to get started or start from scratch using a “blank” template. Once you’ve selected and named your app, you’ll have the opportunity to invite colleagues to help you build the app.
- Now you can get started with editing the content. You’ll see all the screens in your app listen along the bottom of the browser window. To add a screen click [Add Screen] and select a layout.
- When creating a screen you can change its name, add images, text, videos, charts and forms to collect data.
- Forms are a handy way to gather and store information from colleagues and customers. Fliplet has many different types of form template including enquiry forms, calculators, quizzes, surveys and more.
You can customize this form to suit your needs. Fliplet can store the data, automatically email it, or pre populate an email with all the information from the form.
- Fliplet apps will automatically work on smartphone and tablet devices; you can test how they look by changing the device preview.
- The menu and design button will allow you to configure the navigation, fonts and colors of your app.
- You can also edit the app settings at any time by clicking the Settings button. You can change the app’s name, icon, who can access it, and configure Google Analytics to monitor your app’s usage and statistics. If you don’t have a Google Analytics account you can create on on their website.
Templates include apps for: Sales, Marketing, Reporting, Communications and Training Apps
Viewing and sharing your app
- Once you’re ready to preview your app, click ‘View your app’ to send it to Fliplet Viewer instantly.
- Log in with your Fliplet Studio account details in Fliplet Viewer to access your new app.
- Fliplet Viewer will list all the apps you have access to: tap on the app icon that you want to download.
- Apps that have been created can be viewed on your iPad, Android tablet, iPhone or Android smartphone.
- To make further changes to your app, go back to Fliplet Studio, then republish your changes using the ‘Publish’ button.
- Fliplet Viewer will immediately detect when an update is available and ask if you want to install it. Accept the changes, and your app will be instantly updated.
Making your app public
If you want to share your app with your customers or general public you can use Fliplet Studio to publish it to an app store. Fliplet supports all the major app stores including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store and Amazon Fire App Store.
Alternatively, so that you can share your apps internally within your company we also partner with many popular enterprise app stores – contact us with any questions you have about integrating with your MDM software.
That’s it, you’ve created your first app! Good luck with creating the next one – don’t forget If you need help at any time don’t hesitate to contact us via our Support Page.