5 Questions to Ask Before Starting Your Next App Project
Fliplet’s CEO, Ian Broom, recently gave a presentation at one of our Fliplet Insights events covering techniques to ensure your next app project is a success. The slide deck and notes from his talk are below:
1. How do I get millions of users?
- Be as specific with your target audience as possible
- Be task oriented when creating the app
- Select who you want to access your app
2. What’s the best size?
- Different devices are used for different purposes
- Don’t assume that your app is going to be on all sizes or devices
3. What guarantees the success of my app project?
- Have a killer feature: give the consumer a reason to keep the app
- Engagement: get rid of the toolbar so users are obliged to explore
- Analytics: track which areas consumers are engaging with and which they are not
4. How do I keep control?
- Decide how you are going to build the app
- A strong business case helps in dealing with IT
5. What will ruin my budget?
- Budget deconstruction: all stages of developing the app (Build, Refine/Update, Launch, Upgrade) entail costs to understand and build into your budget
- Apple will reject things which will delay your launch plans
During the event attendees were asked the following questions and these are the answers they came up with:
What killer features are there in apps you use on a regular basis? What makes them so engaging?
- Simple features: Swiping, zoom, location services, money saving, search terms
- Complex features: Passbook/tickets, cross device app memory, remote control/remote record
How could an app generate ROI for your business?
- Make content available across all devices
- Increase efficiency by supporting employee activity
- Capture data (via surveys, leads, etc.)
How would you promote an app to your colleagues or to your customers?
- Through internal ambassadors/champions within the company who get excited about it and promote it