Get More From Your Sales Team By Going Mobile
Sales apps are one of the most popular and indeed most effective types of enterprise apps.
From speeding up the sales process to making your products and services more appealing to prospects, using apps for sales is fast becoming a must have of the sales process if companies wish to remain ahead of the competition.
Apps for sales offer many benefits, including:
- They increase productivity. Using a sales app can help sales people increase productivity dramatically by allowing them to access and submit information in an easy and fast way.
- They are interactive. Mobile devices can be easily used to display information and to make content interactive, so that in meetings prospects can tap around on the app to explore the relevant products, services or features.
- They make your product look good. Apps enable the inclusion of a variety of media which can help make the product or services look more attractive, from images and videos to embedded documents. This can significantly increase sales revenue.
- They avoid the double handling of information. With a sales app, you can also instantly submit lead generation data collected from potential customers, eliminating the need to keep it in a spreadsheet and then transfer to a database. This can save huge amounts of time, as well as reducing the risk of human error.
- They make you stand out from the crowd. Sales apps are still a relative novelty, so using one to show your products and services to potential clients in an engaging and interactive way can make you truly stand out from the competition.
- They are practical. A sales app is a great way to keep and present all kinds of information to clients in one place no matter where you are. You can also rely on the information being up-to-date (no more searching for PDFs on the shared drive!)
- They speed up support. Sales apps enable teams to share information, speeding up support and collaboration. Salespeople can likewise deliver support to clients quicker via the app.
- They provide insight. With an app you can also collect precious information about your users by using analytics software, helping you to optimize the app and your services.
Features of apps for sales
Your sales app’s features will depend on whether the app is used internally or externally. There is one main type of app in each category:
Service or product overview app (external)
A product or service overview app can be used by potential or existing customers who wish to find out more about your company’s products or services.
The app can show these products and services by categories, including essential product or service descriptions and sales information.
Although this app is mainly an external one, it can also be used by salespeople themselves whenever they need to refresh their memory about a particular product or service. This is particularly useful for instance before a meeting away from the office.
The app could include the following features:
- Product or service gallery. A product or service gallery feature can allow your prospects to browse your product and service information and find all the information they require.
- Company information and contact details. A contact information feature is the best way to empower prospects to get in touch while the app is still grabbing their attention.
- Video and images. Including videos and images in your app enables prospects to get the best possible idea of what your product or service is like and allows you to present them in a visually appealing way.
- “Buy it now” options. A “buy it now” option can encourage prospects to purchase your product as quickly as possible while they are engaged by the app.
- Product support. Product support features are a big plus for customer service by allowing you to deliver support to customers as soon as they need it, no matter where they are.
- Feedback forms. Feedback form are likewise a win-win situation, as they enable customers to communicate what they like or dislike about your product or service while giving you valuable feedback.
- Analytics. Finally, including analytics software in your app is a great way to track app usage and capture useful data to optimize your app or your product or service.
Sales proposal app (internal)
A sales proposal app, on the other hand, is intended to empower salespeople to pitch your products and services better and as a consequence make more sales.
Best intended for tablets, a sales proposal app allows salespeople to show your company’s products or services to potential customers in a way that is visually engaging, giving them the “wow” factor that may just make you stand out from the competition.
The app could include the following features:
- Image and video gallery. A product or service gallery feature can allow you to show your products or services to prospects in a visually engaging and appealing way.
- Comparison to different products/competition. Including comparisons to competitors can assist your sales team by allowing them to convince prospects of the value of your product or service.
- Sales form. A sales form is a great way to enable salespeople to instantly log a sale while on the go.
- Lead generation form. Likewise, a lead generation form can allow salespeople to directly log information on leads into a central database via the app, rather than relying on saving this data on a spreadsheet and then transferring it onto the database once back at the office.
The many benefits of apps for sales are well documented and many companies are already taking advantage of the competitive edge that they are providing them with.
Sales apps are simply a no-brainer – who wouldn’t want to empower their sales team to impress prospects and deliver more sales?
Are you using apps for sales? Can you think of any features that we forgot to include?