New Feature: Branded App Portals
Fliplet never stands still, last year we released 32 new platform features and we are excited to announce our latest innovation – App Portals.
As the need for enterprise apps increases we are constantly trying to find ways to get them in the hands of the users through quicker, safer and easier methods. The traditional way of deploying apps is to launch them one by one into a public or private app stores which leads to lengthy approval times and means apps can be difficult to find.
We decided it was only fair that our clients could access and control apps from one place – enter the opportunity to have your own branded App Portal.
What is an app portal?
- An app portal allows you to send apps to the people who need them, instantly. Which means no more waiting for Apple, Google or IT to approve every app you create!
- By creating an app portal, your ideas can become a reality in hours, rather than days or even weeks. Simply click publish in Fliplet Studio and your app will be made available to those who need it.
- You will no longer have to manage multiple apps on the app store (which will make updating much easier when Apple decide to release iOS 10)
Why is this amazing?
- By setting up an app portal with Fliplet, you gain full control of your app deployment. From concept, design, testing and finally deployment.
- This is a major step forward in the app development process. Not only can you create an app with Fliplet in a few hours (or minutes if you’ve become particularly proficient) you can now share the app with your selected audience instantly.
Who can access the apps in the portal?
Employees and colleagues
To access employee apps we recommend you limit access to people with a company email address or you link your apps to a system that has employee login details, such as Salesforce or Box, so that these systems only allow current customers to access your apps. This is great for:
- Employee directories
- Internal communications
- Sales tools
- Private company information apps
- Reporting apps
- Internal events
- Training modules
Current customers and partners
Apps can be limited to only allow specific people to access your app. You can limit access by asking for someone’s email address of telephone number which the app will verify. This is great for:
- Private event apps
- Private customer apps
- Sales proposals
- Client Services & Contact
Anyone and everyone!
If you launch an app portal without any additional security anyone can access the apps placed inside it. Which means you can publicly distribute multiple apps from the same source, instantly. This is great for:
- Marketing materials
- Public events or conferences
- Training materials
- Sales materials
How do I get started?
Any app can be turned into a portal – that’s the great thing! All you need to do is add the new “Portal” screen to your app.
The portal screen is available to everyone now – so go ahead and check it out in Fliplet Studio. For a more detailed guide on how to add a portal to your app, please see the instructions on our Help site.
Want some help with your app?
You should speak to a member of the Customer Success team. You can do this by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: UK: +44 (0) 203 582 9720 US: +1 (415) 200 3720
- Live chat: Chat to us in Fliplet Studio
- Fliplet FAQ
We look forward to hearing what you think of this new feature – feedback is welcome!