Return to Office app and introducing ROMS
In collaboration with over 25 of our customers, the Return to Office (RtO) app template was created to support organizations in managing the return to the office after Covid-19 lockdown.
Given that ‘returning to office’ is only a temporary moment in time, we have continued to work with our customers to develop a hybrid approach for staff working remote and from the office in the future.
RtO will evolve into a solution for managing remote staff and office staff to become the Remote and Office Management Solution (ROMS).
With the easing of lockdown measures already in progress globally, the challenges organizations may face include:
- Keeping all employees safe and regularly updated
- Countries and states may relax or tighten rules depending on infection rates
- Different locations may have different rules
- Organizations may prefer to implement different or additional rules to keep their staff safe
- Auditing/reporting to ensure organizations are managing staff and visitor safety
- Managing desks, meeting rooms and spaces such as canteen, reception and breakout areas to ensure rules are followed
- Staff will want to understand how management are ensuring their safety and managing the return to work
Fliplet has produced the Return to Office app template to help organizations best manage these changes, streamline the management process and utilise our technology to enforce, communicate and notify staff.
Returning to the office now
The current RtO app template focuses on the following areas:
- Health status of people
- Office capacity and social distancing
- Daily location of staff
- Different rules for different offices
- Information flow to people
The evolution to ROMS
Focus areas of the Remote and Office Management Solution (available in Nov 2020):
- Health survey improvements: including built-in health survey, CDC/NHS recommendations
- Status, booking and check in improvements: including auto check-out
- Reduce exposure risks: including canteen/catering ordering
- Understand the office: including floorplans and select space & book
- Enhanced reminders before bookings: including booking reminders 24 hours before
- Easy access: with QR scanning through smartphone camera
- Admin improvements: including reporting, security and communication
The Future of ROMS
Focus areas of the Remote and Office Management Solution 2021 (ROMS 2021):
- Staff directory enhancements: including QR code to share a vCard, excludes sensitive data
- Office directory enhancements: including Uber and Lyft integration
- Visitor self check-in: including optional health survey and device check-in
- Emergency management: including instant cross-device notifications and workflows in the case of emergencies
- Enhanced news feed: including video and audio/podcast content, optional social sharing
- Engaging interactive features: such as assessments, checklists and guides
ROMS 2021 is expected to launch in Q1 with many features available now via our customer success team.
Manage different location requirements
Enforce duty of care
Plays a critical role in caring for staff
Easy management of social distancing
Follow and monitor rules and regulations
Auditing and reporting
Adhere to any government or authority requirements
Rapidly understand staff location
Where people are and their work status
Decentralize office management and rules
Easy for management responsibility to be distributed
Transparent data collection and privacy
Clear details for how information is handled
Keep staff informed
See how the organization is managing with regular updates
Check-in and check-out
Monitor social distancing requirements and know when employees are in the office and where
Allows organizations to know where all employees are on any given work day, with full transparency on who is working from home and who is in the office
Covid-19 guidance and information
Keeping your organization updated is vital. With new guidance released daily, and your organization going through a period of change, clear communication is key
Set up alerts via SMS, email, push and in-app for registration, space/desk booking requests and latest news
People directory with work/health status
Gives organizations quick access to everyone’s contact details with health and daily work status including working from home or in the office, not working or on vacation
Employees can ask questions and use search to find previous answers
Integration with existing databases or systems
By integrating with your current systems such as Sharepoint, there is no need to duplicate information. Data within the app syncs with your databases, ensuring the most up-to-date information is always available
The entire login process for staff can be managed seamlessly with Single Sign-on (SSO) enabled
Data capture for auditing purposes
Information is stored securely for reporting and auditing requirements including bookings and check-ins
Canteen or restaurant food ordering*
Ordering system with notifications to avoid overcrowding
Catering manager access*
Admin capabilities from within the app to edit products, canteen/restaurant information and process orders
Selected individuals including office managers have a full overview of the entire organization, from who is working remotely, to the space available in your offices
Rapid upload of content
Content such as the people directory and office list can be uploaded to the app through an excel file for rapid deployment. Content can then be easily managed within the app using the built-in Content Management System
Decentralized content management
Office facilities management staff and other user levels can update content within the app. For example, allowing HR users to view staff status and Facilities users to upload floor plans
Request the Return to Office App Plan
Complete the form below to receive a copy of the Return to Office app plan which contains a detailed overview of the app functionality and structure.
You will also have the option to have a call with one of our Enterprise App Consultants.
The future of the Return to Office app and introducing ROMS
Fliplet’s CEO Ian Broom discusses the most recent changes to the Return to Office (RtO) app and how it will evolve into the Remote & Office Management Solution (ROMS).
- What customers love about RtO
- Fliplet’s planned new features and upgrades
- Fliplet’s post-pandemic vision for the RtO app
- How to add new features into your existing RtO app
The video concludes with a Q&A.
How organizations are managing the return to the office
Fliplet CEO, Ian Broom is joined by Travers Smith Head of Legal Technology, Shawn Curran and Benesch CIO, Jerry Justice giving insight into how organizations are managing their return to the office. Talking points include:
- Intended return to office plans
- Differing rules for each office location and how the app manages this
- Anticipated speed for the removal of restrictions
- How technology will assist in the transition returning to the office
The video concludes with a Q&A.
How to rapidly customize and deploy the Return to Office app
This webinar covers the purpose, key features and benefits of the Return to office app as well as a step by step guide of how to rapidly customize and populate the app ready for deployment for your organization, including:
- How to rapidly upload your own data via an Excel spreadsheet or database integration
- How to edit data within the app using the built-in Content Management System
- How to set user permissions in the app for different functions (HR, Facilities etc.) to allow for decentralized management
The video concludes with a Q&A.
Who are Fliplet?
Fliplet enables non-technical and technical people to produce mobile and web apps. Fliplet includes a broad selection of prefab app templates that enable businesses to rapidly deliver apps for staff or customers and are distributed online and to public or enterprise app stores.
See what our clients think
“The ease of use of this product is fantastic, the only thing that trumps that is the support offered and account management. A creative and innovative product that helps us in our digital strategy.”
“I would strongly recommend if you need to build apps, and want the flexibility to give everyone the chance to build them (both novice users and people who know code) – this is a great platform to cater for all!”
“Bought to build a single app, but it’s so easy that we had people from all over the organization requesting and building apps. We even converted our old PDFs into apps (much better looking and easier to use!)”
“The support received from the entire Fliplet team (whether it is with app functionality or marketing your app) is exceptional and truly allows the user of the product the opportunity to focus on creating an engaging app.”
“Takes away so much of the pain in developing for multiple devices. Good drag and drop screen designs, simple build and deployment process, Android and IOS apps, all screen sizes and devices. “